Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!



Isn't this photo amazing? It was an e-card sent by my friend, Lucy. She can do anything with a camera and editing! She does restorations, too! There's more of her shots here. I'm a point and shoot girl and the last few sets of family photos really show it. No amount of editing can save them. I think I will ask her to do a photo session when my daughter and honey come down in March. We will be celebrating Bruce's 70th birthday!

And what is on the agenda for the new year? Why, it is trying to get organized...again. After reading today's Knitter's Review, I'm pumped to do another inventory of stash. The fact that I have three new hobbies since the last inventory of '07 only makes it more urgent. I will NOT post a "before" picture until I have a decent "after" picture! I have organized my knitting files on my computer, but what kind of exciting picture does that make? I have decided that if I like a pattern so much I have saved it four or five times (which I have found), then I might want to go ahead a make it...with stash, of course. And not wanting my favorite yarn stores to go out of business, I will occasionally buy yarn for a specific pattern I'm going to make at that time if I don't have the yarn. So I'm not going cold turkey.

This organization is not going to start by itself. I hope everyone has peace and hope in the new year...the two things that should not cost anyone anything.

Cheers!

No comments: