Saturday, December 5, 2009

First Snow!!

Having grown up in upstate New York in the "snow belt", I miss the snow...but none of the work. No, I don't miss waking an hour early so I can dig out my car. I don't miss the slipping or passing under a tree just when there is a puff of wind and snow falls down the back of my neck. And I certainly don't miss walking to school in -17F especially when the school has a dress code of dresses and skirts only. I blame the extra fat layer on my legs to the dress code. :-)

Now that we are retired in Tennessee I don't mind any part of the snow. It arrives like a good friend and doesn't overstay it's welcome. We just had our first snow. The fact that I had to go out in it first thing in the morning had it's good side. I was able to take this picture.

No comments: