Sunday, August 15, 2010

FiberSmyth in Woodstock, VA

On day two, Sue and I drove to Woodstock to visit FiberSmyth.What a wonderful shop full of interesting ideas and possibilities.
I found these unique buttons....
...and these wonderful needle felted faces.
This is Elizabeth - owner and creator of the faces pictured in front of her Santa's and snowmen.
The shop also sells teas.
And best of all, after a busy day of shopping and planning....The Cup and Crumpet!!! It's the restaurant run by Elizabeth's husband...in the same building. This is wonderful. It combines two of my favorite passions - knitting and eating! I have a menu which I shall scan when I return home and post. Even husbands like going to the knitting shop if they can eat at The Cup and Crumpet. (reservations recommended)
Sue ordered the special of pesto and green olive chicken salad. I had the open face roasted asparagus and Brie sandwich. Delicious!!
Doesn't Sue look happy waiting for her meal?
I would highly recommend YarnSmyth whether you knit or eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again, you have totally captured the "moment" ... but wait! Where's a picture of Janis on Day 2?