Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's the little things in life...

What a cute crab! My friend Peggy got me interested in this pattern from Knitty.com. When I took a close look at it and remembered that the TV show "The Deadliest Catch" is one of my daughter's and fiance`s favorite show, I knew I had to make it. I would toss it in my Christmas box. It would be a little surprise for the house.

I started knitting. I fell in love. I can not part with THIS one. Isn't she cute staring out from her pot? Yes, it's a she.
The poor little legless thing! I have done four legs. Four more to go and I can attach them. The timing is perfect. I will have her finished before I go to Maine. We will have our picture taken together all over Maine. Then she will come back with me and have a place of honor on my fishing net in the den.

I can always make another to send north...and my first may need a companion. Such a fun knit! Thank you, Amber Allison, for such a great pattern!

Now, to find her perfect name...

No comments: